Twenty-five

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I was recently tagged in a Facebook Note by my friend Vanessa to do this, so here we are. Random* facts now.

  1. I talk to myself constantly when I'm alone, and usually in different accents.
  2. If I had more time, and the wherewithal to buy a nice TV, a PlayStation 3, and an Xbox 360, I'd play all sorts of videogames.
  3. I have a favorite pen: the Pentel R.S.V.P. BK90 Fine-tipped black pen. I used one of these puppies at work once and it was like a whole new world. I sketch out all of my proofs using these.
  4. I'd like to retire — presumably with my wife — to the English countryside, with an enormous library of books, a fireplace, a large yard, and a beautiful kitchen.
  5. Again, if I had a whole bunch of time on my hands, I'd like to learn how to play the piano.
  6. I have Snoopy & Woodstock-themed flannel bed sheets.
  7. I write all of the posts on this blog in hand-coded HTML because Blogger uses ridiculous styling methods with its WYSIWIG editor. I'm also a pedant.
  8. I'd trade just about anything to play baseball for the Chicago Cubs.
  9. I consider Bull Durham to be the best sports movie ever created.
  10. I love taking showers.
  11. I can't swim very well, and gave up on lessons once my sister's friends trickled into my skill-level at the local YMCA.
  12. I've never sold back a textbook to the bookstore, although now that I've sort of given up on undergraduate Economics, I'd like to clear some space on my bookshelf by selling off my intro- and intermediate-level textbooks.
  13. I'm mildly afraid of heights.
  14. I still love playing around with LEGOs, especially the part where I build a bunch of spaceships.
  15. In the course of writing this — which, predictably, took longer than one sitting — I've been tagged by Sam Hoymeistersteinson.
  16. Playing around with last names and nicknames is something I rather enjoy. Much like Rob Schneider on Saturday Night Live
  17. I've never seen any American Pie movies.
  18. Kneading dough makes me happy, as does baking in general. But kneading dough makes me feel badass.
  19. I have an unhealthy interest in typography.
  20. Raising my sister and I without cable television was, in retrospect, probably the best decision my parents ever made. It sure sucked at the time, though.
  21. When I was in third grade, I wrote in an assignment for school that said if I couldn't be a professional baseball player, I wanted to be a Mathematician. Prophetic? The next year will tell.
  22. Despite loving nearly every facet of Madison, after nearly sixteen years of living here, I'm ready to move elsewhere.
  23. As Sam noted, I am not a fan of hipsters. You've got to make a good impression if you harbor hipster inclinations.
  24. My favorite coffee mug is one I purchased in Oxford, and it has the shields and founding dates of all of the Oxford colleges across it.
  25. Although I rarely have time to listen, I love the AM radio shows A Prairie Home Companion and The Nick Digilio Show

As for taggings, Sam has already crafted one of these, but I'd love to see one from Katie, Steph, and the Jew, perhaps. Actually, anyone who reads this blog should feel compelled, and then they should comment with a link. A link, I say!

* "Random" is a bit of a misnomer, as truly random facts would be forcefully taken from my brain out of the entire pool of "facts about Brian." This is ridiculous, and a more apt title would be "Twenty-five facts about myself that bubbled to the top of my head, and were considered interesting enough to publish on the internet." But that would be no fun, and too long.

Comments

haha. i like how you paid tribute to me in your first paragraph. i am truly honoured. Oh! look at the spelling of HONOURED. my bad!:P i still remember that one of the first conversations we had was about british spelling. hahha.

My last name wasn't long enough for you, huh? And I'm now a Scottish German Jew? I hope I made enough of a good impression to be a secret hipster. Today, I had frozen yogurt. I'M SORRY.

It's too bad you didn't include the facts about your shaved-leg fetish and fly Pumas.

@Vanessa: I do remember, haha. Good ol' Dairy Science.

@Sam: ...ahahahaaa!

You know, I did write one about my shaved legs, but then thought better of it. I GUESS THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG NOW, THOUGH.

http://peanutplanet.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-like-that-movie.html#links
you's a subscriber, though, so i guess this really isn't necessary. i'm just followin' orders.

Post a Comment