Nothing For It

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Being sick, I mean.

It set it Friday evening in a matter of hours: at work I was fine, at my lease-signing I had a few sniffles, and by ten that night I had those weird lower-back sensations, where you feel a combination of stiffness and general restlessness, a sore throat, a light fever, and a headache. Saturday was not a whole lot better. Only on Sunday did my drastic increase in tea-intake start to shine through, and yesterday and today I only have the remnants of my weekend symptoms.

All was not lost, though. Being at my parents' house, I had little to do but read, and as such, I'm maybe forty pages away from concluding Great Expectations, and am very much caught up on local happenings and various comics' story lines. I reaffirmed that the one cat genuinely fears for her life when I'm in earshot, too, and that the other has absolutely no regard for privacy of any sort. Although I really can't blame him — if I were a cat, I'd be curious about the shower, too.

Comments

Post a Comment