A Map to the...wait, what?

Friday, January 2, 2009

There you have it, folks: the namesake of this blog. Rather, I should say, this blog's reincarnate, as I wrote a [lesser] blog A Map to the Refrigerator during high-school, oh-so-many years ago.

But where to begin? The phrase is overused, but I'd say it's appropriate given the introductory nature of this post, at least thus far (I could just blow off on tangents later on…you just wait!). I suppose I'll begin with a little history — seems like a logical place to start.

History!

I've written things on the internet since Xanga first came about. I hopped over to Blogger for while, undoubtedly had a LiveJournal at one point, have blogged on my own domain, had another domain which was attacked by Turkish ePirates, and most recently took a break because I couldn't find a rhythm.

So what's this?

Well, I'm not sure just yet. Lately I've had the itch to just write. You know, just for the hell of it. To use words that I don't ordinarily get to use, such as betimes which is, in my opinion, a nice alternative to early, on occasion. Perhaps I'll talk about the books I'm reading, or the neat things I'm learning about in my Math classes, or the fun that will be researching graduate schools.

Whatever it turns out to be, which is likely nothing consequential, I'm going to write for myself. My most egregious error in my most recent efforts has been writing as though I'm writing for something else. Along with the phrase "where to begin?," this is an overused sentiment ("I'm going to just lose weight/live/fight/eat crackers for myself and not anyone else!,") but in this case, the outcome won't be some sort of triumphant overcoming of adversity for my own improvement, but rather a departure from any sort of academic writing for my own enjoyment.

And, hopefully, yours.

Comments

BLOGGER?!?!?! AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can haz comment test.

Refer to my rhyming dictionary.

Post a Comment